Drew and DXF COMING TO SHAKTI !!!!
April Focus at Shakti Yoga
Spring is officially here! In Ayurveda, (traditional Indian medicine), the juncture between seasons is the ideal time for detoxification practices. So as the weather warms during the coming month, we will be focusing on space for more of what we need and want in our lives. This year, we invite you to join the Shakti and Woodstock Yoga communities in a full month of purifying and nourishing practices. Remember, one of the best ways to do this is to DO MORE YOGA!!
Why take a full month to cleanse?
This year, we will use the month of April to make gradual dietary and lifestyle changes that will culminate in a full, week-long cleanse from April 26th-May 3rd.
Ayurvedic purification practices are meant to initiate long-term changes in our lifestyles, not quick, temporary fixes. This winter has been intense and shocking to all of our systems — the extreme cold, abundance of snow, and length of the winter overall have likely left us all a bit worn out. Beginning from a place of depletion and jumping into an intense cleanse can add yet another shock to the system, resulting in unnecessary stress and frustration.
We will be joined by other yoga communities who will also be taking part in the month long cleanse. To set our community up for success, we’re planning a 4-week program, (April 1st-April 25th), to help us ease into our cleansing and wellness routines. Resources available to you include:
- FREE weekly emails, each emphasizing a different theme to help engage your mind in your wellness process. Recipes included!
- FREE welcome packet to help you plan your month leading up the week-long cleanse.
- FREE meet-ups with Linda Winnick and fellow Shakti’s for fast walking and mutual support before/after class.
- Purifying and balancing yoga classes at all of our Shakti studios. You can maximize your attendance by getting an unlimited class card and we will freeze you regular card. 33 days for $150 – good at all 3 Shakti studios! (additional $5 per class for use at Woodstock Yoga)
- Private Ayurvedic consultations with Linda Winnick ($100 for 1 hour consultation.)
- Full commitment package: $280 for 1 hour Ayurvedic Consultation plus unlimited classes all month at Sawkill, Saugerties and Kingston at MAC Fitness, plus Detoxification Workshop on April 26th.
A look ahead…
- Apr 1-5: Removing sugar and processed foods from our diets; reducing intoxicants.
- Apr 6-12: Reducing meat and dairy; contemplating reducing holiday indulgences.
- Apr 13-19: Eliminating wheat products. Happy Passover!!
- Apr 20: Happy Easter!!
- Apr 21-25: Reducing/eliminating meat and dairy.
- Apr 26-May 2: Our final week begins with Linda Lalita’s workshop, “Design an Individualized Detoxification Program,” on Saturday, 4/26 from 12:30- 3:00 at Shakti Sawkill. (Pre-registration recommended! $40 pre-registered; $45 on 4/26.)
Drew and DXF at
shakti yoga Thurs
1030 starts april 10
please wear clean sneakers only!! also you can park across the street as Zena
Glenn Black returns!!!!!
Master Yoga Teacher at Shakti Yoga of Woodstock
Sunday June 22 1:30 -3:30 $25/per session if registered by 3/29 , $30Please pre- register!
Purifying the Mind Through Movement and
Preparation is key for “sadhana,” our daily spiritual practice. To achieve higher levels of yogic abilities in our practice, we must first do prerequisite purification practices so that obstacles for the spontaneous arising of concentration, meditation, and “samadhi” (a spiritual state of consciousness) can be eliminated. Thus, in the performance of asana, an understanding of all possible movements our joints can do must be learned.
This course is designed for students and teachers of yoga, movement , as well as massage therapists and body workers who want to learn how to serve their students and clients with greater skill. It is also for yoga students who want to learn how to excel in their practice. We will be performing all of the movements ( Human Movement) that each joint is capable of making in order to develop the skill to assess our own movement ability.
Baby and Me w/ Patricia
Thursdays at 12- 1
Shakti Yoga on Sawkill